Master Mechanic's Tour
Experience a rare behind-the-scenes look at our restoration effort guided by the EBT Foundation’s Master Mechanic.
This two-hour tour will take visitors into areas of the EBT’s historic roundhouse normally inaccessible to the public for a comprehensive look at the railroad’s unique fleet of narrow-gauge steam locomotives, motorcars, and rolling stock.
You’ll learn about the history and design of the equipment, get a comprehensive overview of our current restoration effort, and also enjoy an exclusive look into the EBT’s historic bus garage, which currently houses our “modern” air-brake shop.
- Roundhouse (Stalls 1-8)
- Bus Garage (Modern Brake Shop & Machine Shop)
- All visitors must sign a liability release form. Closed-toed shoes are required.
- Photography and videography are strictly prohibited in some areas of this tour or at your tour guide’s discretion.
- Safety considerations require all participants to wear long pants and closed-toe shoes. Shoes with weatherproofing and good tread are encouraged.
- All participants will be required to sign a waiver of liability and take part in a safety briefing before entering the shop complex. The EBTF reserves the right to remove any visitor from the tour at any point for violating written rules or verbal instructions without refund.
Every reasonable effort is made to accommodate those with special requirements on guided tours. However, due to the historic nature of the facility, this tour is not wheelchair accessible. Please contact our ticket office PRIOR to booking if with any accessibility questions.
Note: Tours are two hours in duration and require long periods of walking and standing over several uneven surfaces, including gravel, grass, and train tracks.
Adult (13+) | $40
Groups of 20 or More: Please contact our station at (814) 447-3285 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book your reservation!
Enhance Your Visit!
Regular Train Excursions
Plan Your Visit
Find information about lodging, local dining and other regional attractions to help make your visit to Huntingdon County as memorable as possible.